Gear Up for Summer with 5 Must-Try Summer Tequila Cocktails
No other spirit can get you in the mood for summer like tequila - the perfect spirit for long days and warm nights. While margaritas are a classic summer cocktail, there are many more tequila drinks you can experiment with as you gear up for the warmer-weather months ahead.
At PaQuí, we’ve put together some of our favorite spring and summer tequila cocktails that will leave you savoring the wide breadth of earthy, sweet, floral agave flavors that shine through in our tequila.
The final step in all these tequila cocktail recipes?! Drink and be happy!
It wouldn’t be summer if we didn’t share one of our favorite margarita recipes, perfect for those long, warm nights. A refreshing spin on a classic cocktail with a deep magenta hue and some antioxidant-rich hibiscus and hydrating aloe to top it off. A perfect balance of sweet and sour, it's perfect for summer celebrations.
To craft this fun, vacation-mood cocktail, just:
- Rim the edge of your margarita glass in lime juice, and then salt.
- Add 2 oz. of the hibiscus tea concentrate, 2 oz. PaQuí Silvera Tequila, 2 oz. freshly squeezed grapefruit (about ½ grapefruit), and 1 tsp. Of agave syrup or fine sugar into a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
- Add ice to your margarita glass and strain mix over.
- Garnish with the tip of an aloe plant.
A citrus-driven drink, the Paloma is one of Mexico's most beloved mixtures. Thirst-quenching and intensely refreshing, this cocktail is perfect for everyone who loves the breadth and flavors of luxury aged Añejo.
If you’re fancying a high-acid, thirst-quenching cocktail, all you need to do is:
- Rim the edge of your glass in lime juice, and then salt.
- Combine 2 oz. PaQuí Añejo Tequila, ½ oz. lime juice, and a pinch of salt in a tall glass.
- Add ice, top off with a splash of grapefruit soda, then stir.
Can you pronounce “Curacao”? It's what gives the traditional Blue Hawaiian cocktail that ocean-blue tint and adds a unique bitter, orange flavor. Try: Cure-Ah-Sow.” We've taken this sweet cocktail and substituted rum with tequila for a more refreshing, lower-calorie take.
To craft this bold, summer-ready island cocktail:
- Combine 1 oz. PaQuí Silvera Tequila (instead of the traditional Rum), 1 oz. Blue Curacao, 1 oz. Lime Juice in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until cold.
- Add ice to your glass and strain mix over.
- Garnish with pineapple slice, cherry or orange slice as desire
Move over rum! We've taken the classic mojito and added tequila for a Mexican finish. Originally the national drink of Cuba and usually made with rum, the Mojito has a long history of association with classic celebrities like Ernest Hemingway, Johnny Depp, and the James Bond franchise.
For a clean, refreshing take on this summer classic, just:
- Muddle 5 - 7 fresh mint leaves and 3 - 5 sliced lime wedges in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add in 2 oz of PaQuí Silvera Tequila, 0.5 oz of simple syrup or a teaspoon of sugar, and ice. Shake well.
- Strain into glass and top with a splash of club soda.
Sugar is optional. When muddling, imagine gently suggesting the oil out of the mint and lime NOT crushing and bruising the herb and fruit. You will notice the difference.
A PaQuí specialty drink, you won’t find this recipe anywhere else. Tall, cold, and colorful, the PaQuí Purple Grapefruit was made for hot summer nights. Crushing it at dinner parties and outdoor BBQ's, there's no occasion where this cocktail won't add smiles to the night.
Craft our specialty cocktail with just a few steps:
- Add 1.5 oz. PaQuí Silvera Tequila, 0.25 oz. Aperol, a dash of fresh grapefruit juice and a splash of soda (or sparkling wine!) in a highball glass.
- Add ice and stir well.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.